London, United Kingdom
Senior Data Engineer – London - Finance
London – Investment Management
Salary; Up to £100,000 + Shares + Options + Benefits
Data Engineer, Big Data, Data Feeds, AWS, Architect, Architecture, Data Architect, Amazon Web Services, Python, Real-Time Data, Spark, Multi-Terabyte, Multi-TB, API, LINUX, ElasticSearch, SQL, R, Scala, Docker, Hadoop
An entrepreneurial Investment Management organisation are seeking a Big Data Engineer with extensive knowledge on databases and best engineering practices. This is one of the most exciting buy-side firms who are utilising data science practices to create competitive investment strategies.
Within this role you must be equipped with strong data architecture skills and have the ability to use a variety of big data tools, specifically for real-time data sets. You will need to come from a financial background as you will need to work closely with the quant team and understand financial data. You will be responsible for applying the best practices, technologies and engineering skills to help manage huge data pipeline feeds with minimal errors and data cleansing solutions using automated processes and continuous integration.
Key requirements for this role are as follows:
- Experience in working with multi-Terabyte Databases – Essential
- Commercial experience with AWS and ElasticSearch - Desirable
- Expertise with Kafka (or similar) and Python – Essential
- Commercial experience with integrating external API’s - Required
- 5 years experience working as a data engineer - Required
- Strong database optimisation skills - Required
- Ability to use Hadoop, Scala and Spark - Required
- Proficiency in Machine Learning - Desirable
- Financial experience – Required
This role offers a chance to join a team of the best IT specialists in the industry. If you enjoy bringing your own solutions and working in a challenging environment, where you are constantly learning and using the best technologies, you will be well suited here. This company offers a great team culture where you will be required to work hard, but the rewards are far greater.
Please get in contact with Jon Kay @ Harrington Starr for more information.