Threat Intelligence Analyst required by Harrington Starr’s global financial services business. This superb greenfield role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to grow this function in the APAC region. This is technical Threat Intelligence role (as opposed to purely research based) sitting within the global SOC and will involve working in a multi country environment
Key accountabilities in this role will include:
- Triaging security incidents with a threat intelligence focus
- Working with the wider security teams on threat intelligence deep dives
- Research and advise on the evolving methods used by threat actors.
- Advising the business on security controls to combat emerging threats.
- Research and evaluate new tools and processes to improve threat detection.
- Liaison with the cyber, technology and non-technical teams.
- Horizon scanning of the threat intelligence landscape.
- Help improve automated testing systems.
- Researching threats for characteristics of Indicators of Compromise (IoC), with a view to developing/defining IoC’s to support any internal threat hunting activity.
- Staying up to date with the latest vulnerabilities and the techniques used by threat actors
In order to be suitable, you will need:
- Strong technical cyber security knowledge with a good grasp of offensive and defensive security
- Experience working in a technical cyber role ideally with a strong threat intelligence bias
- Experience in cyber threat hunting with a focus on using known adversary tactics, techniques and procedures to detect advanced threats to the enterprise.
- Experience with at least one programming language preferred with some knowledge of automation - ideally python
- Cyber certifications' e.g. CISSP, OSCP, SANS certs highly desirable