London, United Kingdom
- Extracting information. Use querying tools such as SQL and Tableau to extract and report information from databases. Ensure that metadata is reported and kept up to date in reporting of information.
- Promoting the use of Reporting and analysis. Liaise closely with business users to establish information requirements, and analyse, design, develop and maintain reports and extracts based on data in enterprise systems and the data warehouse. Review and advise on the best solutions to meet user requirements and facilitate business improvement, including changes to business processes, where necessary. Develop and deliver data and reporting tool training to users who need to understand more about the underlying data for their reports.
- Quality focus. Maintain standards for analysis and reporting at all levels including best practice data visualisation techniques. Ensure all definitions, requirements, functional specifications and processes are documented. Plan work with auditability in mind. Train users in data quality.
- Experience of report writing using Tableau, and SQL (SQL Server)
- Self-starter with a proven track record in problem solving
- Strong focus on data quality and high standards of development
- Excellent communication and customer service skills – able to communicate technical information clearly to expert and non-expert internal suppliers, internal customers and management.
- SharePoint experience an advantage
- An understanding of general insurance, including the principles of claims processing and reinsurance an advantage
- Familiarity with Agile approaches an advantage