New York, United States
About the team
The asset finance industry is not only growing fast but evolving quickly as more customers now expect a digital experience like online retail. This software enables you to put the customer first through a streamlined, integrated and highly automated solution that makes getting an auto lease or loan far less cumbersome for the customer.
What you will be doing
The role of Business Consultant will encompass the normal responsibilities related to a highly qualified business consultant with level of technical background. The role will be working very closely with the client, development and consulting teams to deliver focused implementations and projects to meet the organizations specific needs.
- Implementation at client sites
- Assessing client needs and setting up system to satisfy, identifying gaps, steering course to implement whilst awaiting developments, writing or specifying crystal reports or spread sheets to satisfy requirements.
- Overseeing and participating data take-on, conversion and reconciliation
- Ensuring AAF process satisfies the entire contract lifecycle
- Will include all aspects of the client’s business from Application through to contract management accounting, collection, asset management etc.
- Training client’s staff
- Oversee relevant IT issues
- Liaison with development team that may include specification, fact finding or answering of specific questions to satisfy market or client requirements
- The role will include necessity to travel to client sites when required (potentially 70% +)
- Communication with all levels of organization from input clerk to Client Company Directors and Managers
- Second Level Support as part of the combined Professional/Customer Service team support process. Managing issues through to resolution.
Additionally, as a Senior Consultant the following tasks are expected to be performed:
- Assist and mentor other staff member in all areas of the functional and technical aspects
- Clearly articulate solutions and design to both clients and internal colleagues
- Lead projects to a successful project i.e. act as a project lead
- Inherit the responsibilities of solution owner i.e. ensure they understand all solutions being configured for a client and validate that they meet the business requirements. This also involves ensuring that all project activities and solutions have been coordinated across the project teams
- Lead migration activities and work independently to achieve tasks and milestones
- Ensure that any risk and/or issues are raised and mitigated with the project manager
- Assist with project construction i.e. understanding and documenting business requirements, assist with identifying solutions and steering prospective clients to understand the importance of project construction and how the system will return the investment made through solution benefits.
- Provide input into the product management function to assist with developing market requirements and the required solutions
What you bring:
KEY SKILLS AND BEHAVIOUR:
The candidate will have at least 3 of the following skill sets:
- Accounting qualification or experience in the leasing or lending sector
- IT skills - particularly database and report writer such as Crystal Reports related
The candidate must also:
- Be able to manage situations that others view as a crisis and steering a course through situations that result in a positive outcome
- Manage client expectations; deliver news and plans to clients in such a way that ensures client support, controlling any given situation.
- Work with other Consultants in a supportive way.
- A working consultant - someone who roles up their sleeves and gets the job done rather than mere oversight.
- Will not require supervision but assess situations and call for assistance when required
- Ability to work hours to fulfil role as a consultant which will from time to time require work to be performed outside of normal business hours.
The likely candidate will probably be from the following backgrounds
- Relevant business experience in the leasing, retail banking or lending sector
- Direct competitor such as IDS, CHP, etc. implementing the respective solutions
- Senior implementation consultant from a broader base such as banking solutions (this may mean that specific experience is not held in leasing and lending but rather other financial products)
Bonus if you have:
- Implementation and Configuration experience via UI
- Experience writing Design approaches
- Experience integrating via API Validation plug-ins
- Project Management experience would also be an advantage
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities