City of London, London
Senior Automation QA (SQL, Finance, Trading, .NET, Python, JAVA) - London - Finance
Trading - London
Salary: Up to £75,000 + Benefits + Bonus
Automation, QA, SQL, C#, Python, Java, BDD
Harrington Starr has partnered with a global leading financial broker. This is a unique opportunity for a QA Automation Engineer who has a passion for using the latest automation frameworks and scripting technologies. This is a fast paced, dynamic environment that will involve complete Greenfield automation builds for their automation trading platforms.
Within this role you will be able to use your strong automation experience to design and implement new and existing automation frameworks. The ideal candidate will have worked in the financial sector but not essential. You will be required to bring fresh ideas to the development team and be passionate about pursuing a career within an trading environment. You will be familiar with many other technologies, such as VBA, Python, JAVA and SQL server, but most importantly a passion for playing a pivotal role in quality assurance of automated algorithmic trading platforms.
Key requirements for this role:
- Participate in setup, configuration and maintenance of software test environments
- Evaluate the application and test cases to be automated. Work with Engineers to create a library of automated tests to maximize test coverage
- At least 4 years automation experience with the ability to build frameworks from scratch
- Good understanding and proven experience of manual testing
- Detailed knowledge in either Java or Python
- Commercial experience within Equity Trading, Derivatives or Fixed-Income - Desirable
- SQL, Python, Java, VBA - Highly Desirable
- Great attention to detail
- Worked within an Agile Methodology
- Have 'break-it' attitude and at the same time be a problem solver.
This is great opportunity to grow within a tight-knit organisation that are passionate about technologies and make a big impact within this global algorithmic trading organisation. With a great variety of projects and an excellent company culture, it is an ideal role for an automation QA to bring their experience and help enhance systems and practices within a strong IT team.