Dorking, United Kingdom
- Strong experience in application support with proven record of managing major application issues and delivery of continuous improvement in a similar sized organisation
- Has a broad knowledge and understanding of IT concepts and architectures, coupled with practical knowledge of problem management and the principles and processes of implementing and delivering IT services
- Holds one or more ITIL intermediate certifications (ideally Operational Support and Analysis, and/or Service Operation)
- Demonstrates strong decision making ability together with taking responsibility for decisions on major technical and service delivery issues.
- Relationship management skills – ability to work collaboratively with 3rd parties to achieve appropriate resolutions to production issues
- Proactive, self-starting and takes full ownership/personal responsibility
- Works well under pressure, remains focused, prioritises and organises to ensure successful resolutions
- Possesses an understanding of the interaction between service components and general processing concepts
- Shows aptitude for analyzing and managing problems arising from incidents.
- Has a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Has a complete understanding and awareness of the nature of business-critical incidents, and of their implications for the business
- Demonstrates the ability to work with initiative, creativity and flexibility
- Able to lead a team and work more effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization. In particular
- Leading maintenance upgrades
- Communicating effectively with senior stakeholders
- Can balance the benefits of optimized availability with the cost of providing it, to promote the best overall interests of the business
- Demonstrates above average communication skills with an aptitude for dealing with users, colleagues and suppliers
- Is effective and persuasive in both written and oral communication and in negotiation.
- Proficient in Corporate, Industry, Professional Standards, e.g., ITIL, and Agile methodology
- Understanding of Configuration Management and the Software Development lifecycle.
- Ability to automate manual tasks using scripting languages (e.g. shell, python, perl, bash)
- Has a good understanding of one or more Monitoring & Automation tools (Control-M, Splunk, AppDynamics, Nagios) and is able to implement improvements to help reduce MTTR
- Advises on what constitutes appropriate levels of testing / peer review for code changes prior to release into production.
- Knowledge of network protocols TCP/IP
- Good working knowledge of RDMS
- Knowledge of cloud (Azure, AWS); PaaS; SaaS
- Knowledge of development tools (e.g. GIT, TFS, Jenkins)
- Ability to read, edit or write in one or more programming languages
- Knowledge of one or more integration technologies (e.g. BizTalk, CA Layer7