London, United Kingdom
Well-funded cutting edge technology firm specialising in building financial transactional platforms is seeking a Lead Security Engineer to build an entirely new department for the company. Based in the heart of the City this technology financial services firm who develop cutting-edge solutions for an impressive portfolio of UK and International clients – clients that will accept nothing less than first-class security for their confidential information, so this is an exceptional opportunity to use your application security skills to provide forward thinking solutions and to build a strategy entirely led by you to ensure that the plethora of data they hold for their clients is secure data to the highest standard.
You will come from a Java development background so that you can work closely with their world class technology team to ensure the security of their applications that are built specifically for their client’s needs. These clients will need constant re-assurance of you ability to provide secure solutions and high level conversations will need to take place to ensure this. Their technology team are built with the best people in the industry and therefore require the highest quality of security alongside an extremely technical background of development.
You will need to be able to communicate with a group of staff highly skilled in the following technical skill sets and even though you won’t be using these technologies yourself you will need to be well versed in them and have been hands on to a senior position in the past: Java, Jboss, Distributed computing, Messaging, Distributed, block chain, Multi-threading, Concurrency, Open source,
The ideal will be acting at a strategic level within a global technology organisation and have the following skills:
- Desire to build a security team from scratch
- Passion to employ innovative ideas and use them to drive security success for the organisation and their clients.
- Experience of auditing, code reviews, app testing to identify vulnerabilities
- Experience of XSS and XSRF
- Experience of implementing secure coding best practices into current codebases and development processes
- You must also have excellent written and verbal communication skills as you will be interacting internally and externally at technology to stakeholder level.
- Passion to work with technologists to ensure secure coding and testing throughout the development life cycle
- Passion for strategic and proactive change to allow for upgrade to current security mechanisms.
- Experience of writing security tests
As the Senior Application Security Engineer you will be joining an organisation that use cutting-edge technologies and offer exceptional scope for career progression – training isn’t an optional extra for this firm, it’s the only way to keep their team at the top of their game. You will be given full autonomy at a high level to strategize and make sure the firm at totally at the top of their game to guarantee the continuation of totally secure systems for their clients. You will be building a team from scratch so it will be up to you to implement the best of the best to set up the foundations.
You will benefit from a competitive salary in addition to an excellent benefits package that includes an annual bonus scheme.