|Job title:||Security Operations Analyst|
|Location:||London, United Kingdom|
|Industry:||Cyber Security & IT Risk|
|Contact name:||Andrew Nitek|
|Job published:||May 28, 2021|
Superb opportunity to join Harrington Starr’s global financial services organisation in a Senior SOC Analyst role. This is the chance to join a growing security operations team, in a role which will offer a healthy mix of day to day incident response, threat hunting and project work,
Role is based in London, with flexible arrangements on offer.
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Triage security events and employ a methodical and coherent response to security incidents.
• Competently operate a chosen SIEM (e.g. Splunk/QRadar/LogRhythm) for incident investigations, or for the development of monitoring dashboards.
• Utilise playbooks, existing knowledge and accurate online resources for guidance when responding to incidents.
• Utilise online resources for researching and collecting threat intelligence to enhance the SOC’s abilities to detect cyber-attacks
. • Develop new, or improve existing run books and use cases based on investigations and knowledge of modern attacks.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Experience with operating or administrating a SIEM (e.g. Splunk/QRadar/LogRhythm).
• Strong working knowledge of networks including the TCP/IP stack, typical organisation architectures, and common protocols abused by malware.
• Experience in security event analysis & triage, incident handling and root-cause identification.
• Understanding of tools, techniques and procedures that attackers use to compromise organisations, ideally from direct experience. Beneficial skills, experience and certifications:
• Security industry specific and core technical accreditations such as OSCP, GIAC, CCNA.
• Certification demonstrating SIEM operational competences.
• Competent with one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, PowerShell, Java, C#) highly desirable.
Please send your CV for immediate review.