Highly exciting opportunity to join a fintech scale up as a Security Operations Manager to help establish, grow and support their security operations function.
- Build and run the organisation’s network monitoring capabilities.
- Ensure the best use of cyber security tools to protect, their customers, partners and systems from cyber-attacks and security incidents
- Create and implement a strategy for the deployment of information security technologies.
- Monitor security vulnerabilities and threats in network and host systems
- Track latest IT security innovations and keeping abreast of latest cyber security technologies.
- Liaise and collaborate with key stakeholders in relation to IT security threats.
- Develop strategies to handle security incidents and trigger investigations.
- Implement an effective process for the reporting of security incidents.
- Oversee the investigation of reported security breaches.
- Keep abreast with the latest regulations and compliance requirements.
- Champion and educate the organisation on the latest security strategies and technologies.
- Conduct a continuous assessment of current IT security practices and systems and identify areas for improvement.
- Deliver new security technology approaches and implement next generation solutions.
- Contribute towards ISO and other relevant accreditation.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and an awareness of security trends, keeping abreast of new risks, through self-education and attendance to industry seminars, to ensure ongoing security risk analysis and the implementation of technical systems and procedures to minimise risk.
- Liaise with clients and potential clients to confidently articulate and demonstrate our security capabilities.
Knowledge & Experience
- You will be expected to hit the ground running in a fast-paced environment with a growing workload
- Skills in monitoring and configuring a range of security tools and determining the best course of action when they alert us that we need to take action.
- A thorough understanding of cyber security and cyber-crime, including the key threats and the tools used to protect an organisation from them.
- A track record of responding to a range of cyber security incidents in a calm and consistent manner.
- Previous experience of cyber investigations and of internet topology and artefacts that can be used to identify attackers and the methods they use.
- A proven cyber and information security background, ideally in financial services.
- Exceptional communications skills, with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into everyday language.
- CISM, CISSP, CEH or other cyber related qualification or training
- You will be an existing participant and regular attendee of technical/security industry events
- Change management and business process experience
- Proven track record of driving change programmes
- Excellent knowledge of general security risks, at both technical and business level
- Technical understanding, of Firewalls, Routers, VPNs, Penetration Testing, Server Hardening, User Access Rights.
- Knowledge of all layers of security; Perimeter, Network, Application, Data, Operations, Policies, Monitoring and Response.
- Bachelor's degree (BSc) in an I.T. or similar discipline, or equivalent level of experience is desirable
Key Skills and Competencies
- A passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver appropriate solutions
- Excellent communication skills; open, patient and approachable with the ability to engage internal stakeholders across the business, with the confidence to deliver professional grade induction and training sessions in front of groups, and comfortable presenting findings and plans to senior teams up to and including board level
- Naturally able to adapt in a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with latest thinking and new security technologies
- Thrives on change, showing an impressive ability to drive the IT security strategy forward
- Analytical mind, capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to senior management
- Customer-centric; able to meet the demands of internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills; providing verbal and written communication that is outstanding to both direct reports and senior management as well as other stakeholders, potentially speaking at industry events, and working closely with senior level security counterparts during implementation projects
- Flexible and adaptable; capable of changing direction where required and showing flexibility to meet new demands
- Well informed and timely decision-making capabilities
- Innovative with creative thinking/problem solving skills; the ability to seek alternative approaches, new ideas/ways of thinking
- Multi-tasking; can manage several concurrent projects and prioritise demands
- An strong but collaborative and approachable individual, able to manage team challenges and the status quo, where appropriate
- Adaptable with a flexible approach to work, ability to use your own initiative
- Calm & focused under pressure; multitasking should come easily
Apply for this job