Harrington Starr are delighted to be representing an international and cutting edge global financial services business on an exciting new role.
You will have the opportunity to work on prestigious long-term projects, where our teams are designing and building next-generation cyber capabilities. You will also get to spend time with our incident response teams, where quick fix engineering is used to disrupt persistent and sustained cyber-attacks. You will need to be able to work confidently and quickly under pressure.
- Managing security incidents
- Helping automate processes and designing SIEM solutions using scripting skills
- Vulnerability scanning
- Packet capture data analysis
- Working with threat hunters to improve detection
- Fine tuning systems to improve detection.
- Working with technical teams to implement and improve controls.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a cyber security engineer role, preferably gained in an operational environment with incident response experience
- Experience with at least one scripting language for automation - Python, PowerShell/ bash
- Vulnerability management experience
- Experience installing and configuring virtualisation technologies.
- Ability to read and understand raw system data including security event logs, system logs, application logs, and device logs.
- Ability to read packet capture data
- Experience of SIEM implementation and use detection cases
- Experience of Linux systems - company's core operating system.
- A good working knowledge of a variety of security technologies; such as cryptographic, host intrusion, network and application firewalls.
- A basic knowledge of common application and infrastructure architectures.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.