London, United Kingdom
North Starr are delighted to be working with this established and expanding consultancy. We are looking for Cyber Security Engineer to work for their dedicated Security Engineering Team
You will be helping to protect organisations and people from cyber-crime. You will have the opportunity to work on prestigious long-term projects, where our teams are designing and building next-generation cyber capabilities. You will also get to spend time with our incident response teams, where quick fix engineering is used to disrupt persistent and sustained cyber-attacks. You will need to be able to work confidently and quickly under pressure.
- Producing detailed designs for the build and configuration of cyber security solutions.
- Producing integration designs for operational security management systems.
- Developing new security technologies, and delivering them into operational environments.
- Producing delivery plans and cost models within a continuous development lifecycle.
- Conducting technology trials and proofs-of concepts.
- Collaborating in Red Team / Blue Team exercises and incident rehearsals.
- Developing security technology roadmaps and engineering standards.
- Maintenance and support of operational security systems.
- Development of hot-fixes and workarounds for incident response teams
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a cyber security engineer role, preferably gained in an operational environment.
- Experience with at least one programming language, in particular Java.
- Experience producing security system designs from a defined set of requirements; such as Identity Management and Key
- Management Systems.
- Experience managing technical requirements in waterfall and agile delivery.
- Experience installing and configuring virtualisation technologies.
- Ability to read and understand raw system data including security event logs, system logs, application logs, and device logs.
- A good knowledge of TCP/IP networks, including the technologies and protocols commonly used in local area and wide area
- A good working knowledge of a variety of security technologies; such as cryptographics, host intrusion, network and application
- A basic knowledge of common application and infrastructure architectures.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- BSc in Computer Sciences, Mathematics or Engineering (min 2:1)
- Experience installing and configuring both Windows and Linux server operating systems, including ability to script in Bash and/or
- Experience working with Jenkins, Docker and Kebernetes in a CI Pipeline.
- Hold, or be working towards, an industry recognised security certification such as CISSP, GPEN and CISM.
- Relevant TCP/IP network experience, or certifications such as CompTIA Network+ or CCNA.
- Security vendor certifications, such as Checkpoint, ArcSight, Fortinet and TrendMicro.
- Familiarity with ISO27001 and other security standards.