Sales/Business Development Manager
My client are a rapidly expanding FinTech start-up, building an AI-driven ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) B2B product for investors. This is a unique opportunity to join a company, at an early stage; where you will have significant responsibility and the chance to make a real impact on the business.
The team is comprised of Technology and Finance professionals who are transforming sustainable investing through using cutting-edge technologies including cloud computing, machine learning and NLP. They believe that economic value creation can and should be combined with environmental stewardship, social inclusion, and sound governance.
Role & Responsibilities
- Drive sales of the ESG analytics platform and data solutions to small/medium sized asset management firms. You are the engine room of the sales organisation.
- Identifying and selling the companies products to new accounts that you have identified and developed. The key priorities of this role involve prospecting to build new opportunities and identifying key needs and requirements of a potential client with a view for them to use our software.
- Balance between pipeline generation, outbound prospecting, qualification and running tight sales cycles from start to finish, including contract negotiations.
- This is a quota carrying role and you will manage the full sales cycle, but by design will work closely with the Co-founders on opportunities.
- Perform sales presentations/demonstrations
- Streamlining sales, implementing internal processes that facilitate accountability and track key metrics for measurement of success.
- Aligning sales & marketing, including ideation and input on key marketing initiatives, ultimately designed to increase sales effectiveness.
- Keeping an organised sales & marketing calendar for visibility of targeting over the course of the year.
- Travel and meet with your customers to drive demand and pipeline activity.
- Collaborate with customers and prospects to clearly define current challenges and pain related to achieving their overall business objectives, increasing their awareness of new solutions and up-selling products and services when relevant.
- Generate net new business in new accounts (accounts are £10k-75k in ACV).
- Accurately forecast quarterly and monthly sales by possessing a full understanding of customers’ specific decision-making and purchasing process.
- Developing new sales opportunities using outbound cold emails, LinkedIn outreach, cold calls and lead follow-ups.
- Follow up on inbound leads and take potential clients through an effective and consultative sales process.
- Maintaining and improving the database of prospects, keeping an accurately tagged CRM / pipeline that encourages consistency in nurturing and outbound comms.
- Keeping up to date with product and service information and competitor offers.
Background Experience & Behavioural Competencies
- A Minimum of 2 years B2B software or technology sales experience in the SMB or Commercial space
- Outstanding academic background; minimum 2:1
- Proven top performer (consistently exceeds targets)
- Prior Experience in a BDR or SDR role, prospecting into SMB or Commercial accounts preferred
- Demonstrated experience selling complex business applications/technology solutions at the C-Suite level
- Working knowledge of HubSpot/CRM, Excel and other productivity tools
- Working knowledge of using LinkedIn for lead generation and relationship cultivation
- Strong executive presence and presentation experience (both in-person and over video calls)
- A sound understanding of the sales processes and associated best practices (MEDDICC, Challenger, etc.)
- Prior work experience and knowledge of solution-selling strategies and business value selling
- Proven time and account management skills, as well as excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Be at the forefront of technology transforming sustainable investing!
- If you are looking for the next step in your career; like being a part of a growth organisation and working with driven, passionate people to contribute to the success of an early-stage tech business, this is a great opportunity for you.
- Up to £85K on the base + commission
- Hybrid working model (work from home and office)
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays