The Role / Responsibilities: The Sales Executive responsible for developing and maintaining key client relationships in the FinTech, Digital Asset, Digital Payment, Digital Banking sector on the East Coast.
This position will be part of a strategic initiative for our client to grow in this burgeoning segment by leveraging our market leading: customer screening capabilities, credit and counter-party risk analytics, compliance solutions and portfolio, data and asset management solutions.
The role will work across the segments of our client’s business and lead sales with new logos in collaboration with our teams of business development reps, subject matter experts, economists and product strategists.
This position is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team and have an immediate impact. Their sales force has an inclusive, team-oriented sales culture that values both collaboration and results.
- Manage full lifecycle sales process which includes, identifying and initiating new sales opportunities by prospecting new clients
- Illustrate a deep understanding of client decision-making approach, priorities, and requirements and the FinTech market (payments, crypto / digital assets, neo-banks, micro-lending) .
- Act as the point of contact for the C-suite (chief risk officer, chief financial officer, chief data officer, chief technology) levels at the client company.
- Ensure complete client coverage by calling upon product specialists and other client-facing professionals where appropriate.
- Provide current forecasts and pipeline information to management.
- Meet established revenue targets, while creating new and enhanced customer relationships ensuring satisfaction.
- Generate new revenue from research, product and service solutions and defending & growing existing revenue streams.
- Work closely with Product Specialists, Product Strategists, Marketing Strategists and other employees within the organization to leverage their appropriate expertise to the sales cycle.
- Represent the company at industry and company-sponsored events, as required.
- Position requires travel 30-40%, when safe.
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Economics or related area required, MBA preferred.
- 2 - 5+ years of experience in a sales / business development of data / software or, as a principal at a FinTech company.
- Experience with a customer segment such as Banking, Fin-tech, Asset Management, Insurance, Corporations, Governmental Services, Professional Services, and Education.
- Understanding of FinTech value proposition and evolution / disruption of finance by technology – candidates who have both an institutional background combined with experience at an early series company welcome
- Ability to sell on a needs/solutions approach.
- Ability to influence key decision-makers during the full life cycle of the sales process.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills as well as outstanding client relationship management experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and meet short deadlines.
- Drive to exceed goals and motivated by achieving measurable results.
- Positive, energetic, and relentless attitude for success
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail.