London, United Kingdom
Sales Engineer - Risk - Front and Middle Office Automation - London - 80 to 100K
Charles River Development is an award-winning provider of innovative technology systems and services to over 300 investment firms in the global institutional, mutual fund, banking, hedge fund, wealth management, insurance and pension industries in more than 30 countries.
The Charles River Investment Management System (Charles River IMS) is a comprehensive front- and middle-office software suite for all asset classes. The system incorporates global real-time electronic trading via FIX through the Charles River Network, a broker-neutral financial network that is fully integrated with Charles River IMS. The company also offers implementation, application management services and hosting.
Founded in 1984, Charles River maintains headquarters in Boston and primary offices in London, Melbourne, New York, Paris, Singapore, Tokyo and Beijing.
- Lead and deliver detailed product presentations and demonstrations to highly sophisticated investment professionals. (to both new and existing clients)
- Work closely with Sales Managers to ensure all product, workflow and best practice questions are thoroughly addressed.
- Work closely with Product Management in communicating market needs and provide input to product design.
- Represent Charles River Development Ltd at conferences and trade show exhibits.
- Coordinate or assist in general prospect visits or product test pilot projects.
- Assist with RFP and RFI preparation.
- Extensive professional experience in the investment management/investment systems space within the pre-sales or sales arena, some of which would ideally have been within the front office /buy side industry.
- Solid general investment industry knowledge Essential
- Strong, in-depth knowledge essential in two or more of the following areas:
- Portfolio Optimisation
- Factor Models
- Performance and Attribution
- Portfolio Management Workflows
- A good knowledge across all asset classes is essential and extensive knowledge in two or more of the following areas is ideal:
- Equity Securities,
- Fixed Income Securities,
- Currency/Money Markets
- Experience in Multi-Asset security types and their Trading, Compliance, Middle Office areas, Investment IT or Product Management highly desirable
- Basic underlying understanding of SQL would be very beneficial e.g. simple query writing etc.
- University degree preferably in finance or technology discipline.
- Excellent presentation skills particularly to large audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Consultative presentation and selling style
- Comfortable with PC technology and general applications
- Fluency in a second/third language is desirable but not essential.