London, United Kingdom
Regional Sales Manager, EMEA
Highly Competitive Base Salary up to £110K. Exceptional x 2 OTE Commission
Our client is a privately held company and is committed to the delivery of leading edge solutions to the investment management community. The company provides ‘Enterprise-Wide’ platform comprising software, application management, hosting and data services to automate front- and middle-office investment operations for Buy-Side firms. The platform’s functional scope includes portfolio management, order and execution management, Compliance, performance attribution and risk monitoring, EDM, Investment Book of Record and access to global liquidity and execution venues via dedicated FIX Network. The company operates from global locations in over 40 countries in the following sectors: Institutional Asset and Fund Management, Alternative Investments, Wealth Management, Insurance, Banking, Pension and Custody Markets.
Our client is seeking two experienced sales professional to join the London based Sales Team. The role involves managing new business – a ‘’strong hunting’’ within the EMEA territory to meet annual quota for solution sales and services. The successful candidate will be personally responsible for the entire sales process from start to relationship building, strategic and consultative selling, negotiation and contract closure.
- Prospecting and lead generation across the designated territory and vertical markets within the ‘buy-side’. Periodic assistance provided by ‘Inside Sales’ (cold calling) person to help reach and penetration into territory base, build and foster relationships with primarily C-Suite contacts to comprehensively uncover sales opportunities and deliver our clients value proposition
- Consultative and strategic management of the entire sales process– organizing and running presentations/workshops, owning and contribution to RFI/P and tender process, solution demos/pilots, commercial proposals and presentations. Working throughout prospective client organization to understand the organization, the players, decisions makers, build high level relationships, clearly understand business and technical requirements and prescribe commensurate messaging and value proposition.
- Work through objections, pricing and contract issues to close deals
- Work with Strategic Account Managers and Relationship Managers to help leverage relationships with existing clients to assist in new business sales for references and referrals.
- Must have thorough understanding and application of strategic selling, solution selling (e.g. Miller Heiman, SPIN, etc) and demonstrated success against quota in a highly competitive environment.
- Must have knowledge and experience selling complex solutions large consulting projects to the financial services industry preferably in investment or Wealth management (buy-side).
- Significant experience in creating and developing relationships at ‘C-Suite’ level and key decision makers (min 3 years – 5+ years preferred).
- Must have big-ticket software/platform sales experience. Experience with large strategic enterprise-wide products such as BlackRock Solutions, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle Financials is highly desirable.
- Previous experience selling in to the UK territory essential and the MEA region highly desirable.
- Fluency in English is essential and some experience in any MEA territories would be highly desirable.
- Preferably have experience selling hosted/ASP products and SaaS
- Consulting sales experience desirable but not as a replacement for big-ticket software/platform sales experience.
- Must have some technical acumen to understand key concepts, observations and articulate the company and the value proposition of the solutions and services.
- University degree ( Finance/Technology Discipline preferable)
- A third level qualification in finance or securities is highly desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and leading global player with exciting solutions and services, and managing key regions within the EMEA. If you feel you have the required skills and would like to join this exciting company in the London City office with European travel then please get in contact ASAP with Antonio.Antonio.Ciarleglio@harringtonstarr.com call: +44 (0) 203 587 7007. Mobile: +44 (0) 7973 432 428 for a confidential conversation.