London, United Kingdom
Brokerage - City of London
£45,000 - £50,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Here at Harrington Starr we have partnered with a leading financial institute to help them build and strengthen there QA offering to the business. Within this position you will be working on Credit Default Swaps pricing platform (within the OTC derivatives space), this platform manages high volumes of data on a daily basis.
The Successful individual will be involved at the early stages of each project creating test plans, reviewing test plans, also tasked to create and execute test cases, and work closely with all stakeholders at various levels across the business. This particular area of the business has a very low tolerance for bugs and defect so the individual must have a high level of detail you will be expected to continually review test processes and add improvements.
In this position you should always be looking out for bottlenecks in the process and delivering improvements. They should be eager to learn and grow within the role. The candidate should also be comfortable with testing back-end components in Windows and SQL Server. Strong SQL knowledge and the ability to write and understand complicated SQL procedures is essential for this role.
Experience & Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, an ability to multitask, and work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent SQL scripting
- Strong understanding of Relational Database Systems (Sql Server)
- Comfortable working with and testing backend technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Has had some experience in automating test cases
- Has a desire to do automation testing and learn scripting languages
- Ideally has some experience of QTP/UFT (Good to have)
- Hands-on experience with code version systems like SVN, Mercurial, Git
- Experience in the Financial Industry (experience with Fixed Income products is preferred)
This is a brilliant opportunity for a QA engineer to become involved with world leading individuals in one of the City’s leading financial institutes – if you would like to learn more please contact James Platt at Harrington Starr.