London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr are currently working with a leading Financial Services Trading company based in the City of London.
Our client, is looking for an experienced QA Analyst who will join an experienced QA team to test all functional aspects of various IT systems.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate strong experience in exchange pricing systems and good understanding of Market Data applications.
- Analyse business and functional requirements and review functional and technical specifications
- Execute tasks/assignments, concurrently on one or more projects, according to project plans, to meet schedule, budget, quality, and other applicable requirements.
- Maintain Test execution scripts, documentation and results in the appropriate testing tools
- Comply with the SDLC processes
- Log, monitor and retest found defects
- Provide regular updates on progress and/or issues relating to test activities
- Troubleshoot issues independently arising during testing phases and/or Production and will be required to recommend workarounds and/or potential solutions
- Support other team members as needed, to help meet overall team objectives
- Apply technical expertise and experience to test software
- Proactively participate in project testing reviews of applicable product specifications in assigned product areas
- Perform small to large scope software test development and execution tasks, in areas of moderate to high technical complexity and risk, applying structured test methods and techniques. Test development tasks include assisting / defining and working with test strategy and plan documents, test scenarios, and test cases, writing test procedures, tracing product requirements to test cases, generating test data sets, and developing automated test scripts. Test execution tasks include executing test procedures and automated scripts, running ad hoc tests, and identifying, analysing, and verifying discrepancies
- Apply customer domain knowledge to project tasks
Skills/Experience/Qualifications required to perform the role:
- Preferred - Bachelors or Master’s Degree (IT or Maths although other degrees will be considered)
- Knowledge of Testing Techniques (including agile), Methods and Tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to apply a common-sense approach to their work
- Testing Experience in a professional role, preferably in the Financial, Commodities or Insurance market
- Ideally some previous experience working for Exchanges, Order and Price Management Systems and Web Based Systems
- Knowledge of multiple databases including, MySQL, Oracle and MS-SQL Server is an advantage
- Working knowledge of Windows, Unix and Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of the FIX Protocol (v4.4+)
- ISEB/iSTQB foundation certificate in Software Testing a distinct advantage
If interested in applying for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org 02035877007