London, United Kingdom
Summary: This leading stock exchange is seeking a Python Software Engineer. As part of a small, talented development team, you will help build and expand the batch functionality of the equities exchange. They are firm believers in the value of testable, maintainable code and software craftsmanship.
- Design and build highly reliable, highly testable Python batch systems to support trading operations.
- Provide operational support for trading systems, including a rotating weekly early shift (come into the office one hour early, leave the office one hour early).
- Work closely with our business development and sales teams to develop innovative new products and features for our exchanges.
- Participate in various R&D projects to identify and implement promising new technologies.
- Participate in a global software development team
- Solid Python knowledge
- A commitment to writing testable, maintainable code.
- Familiarity with more advanced SQL techniques.
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Basic, but broad, knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Highly preferred: Experience with TDD, BDD or other testing methodologies
- Preferred: Familiarity with PostgreSQL, Puppet, Jenkins, Django, or Pandas
- Preferred: Familiarity with C or C++.
- Preferred: Experience in one or more relevant financial areas (market data, order management, algorithmic trading, financial systems integration, compliance, etc.)