City of London, London
£70000 - £110000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits
Python Developer, Information Provider, Data Lake, Python) - £70,000-£110,000
Our globally established client is recruiting for a Python Developer for the Data Lake team.
The Data Lake team (Python) is responsible for building a new enterprise solution to enable discovery, accessibilty, understanding, usability (at scale) of the organisation's massive data assets that span multiple business lines. Easy access to data will enable thousands of data analysts and scientists to discover new insights, realize new synergies and savings, and help create new commercial opportunities.
Primarily this will be software development, however the successful candidate will also be involved with working with BAs to help write, groom and estimate user stories and help build out automated tests.
- Develop and maintain the existing backend application, primarily in Python, following Agile methodologies.
- Integration of data storage solutions like: S3, Postgresql and Elastic Search.
- Work alongside the business analysts and product owners to deliver new functionality, focusing on quality of solutions.
- Enhance the current solution by finding problems and suggesting enhancements
- Understanding of Agile Software Development preferred
- Understanding of Distributed Systems
- Experience with Big Data, analytics and cloud technologies
Required Knowledge/ Technologies:
- AWS (specifically S3 and IAM)
- Elastic Search
- Terraform or other infrastructure as code tools
You will have the chance to learn and enhance your skills in a diverse set of technologies and practices, like AWS, Kubernetes, Hashicorp Vault and Elastic Search and Continuous Delivery.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please send CV's to Rob.email@example.com or upload your CV via the upload process on the job board.