London, United Kingdom
Job Description – Python? Developer
The Data Lake%2? 0team of this market data and information provider is r? esponsible for building a new enterprise solution to enable di? scovery, accessibility, understanding, usability (at scale)%?20of our organization’s massive data assets that span ? multiple business lines. Easy access to data will enable tho? usands of data analysts and scientists to discover new insight? s, realize new synergies and savings, and help create new%?20commercial opportunities.
Primarily this w? ill be software development, however the successful candidate ? will also be involved with working with BAs to help write,? groom and estimate user stories and help build out automate? d tests.
- Develop and maintain the existing backend%2? 0application, primarily in python, following Agile methodologies? .
- Integration of data storage solutions l? ike: S3, Postgresql and Elastic Search.
- Work alongside the business analysts and product owners to ? deliver new functionality, focusing on quality of solutions.%3? C/li>
- Enhance the current solution by finding pr? oblems and suggesting enhancements
- Unders? tanding of Agile Software Development preferred li>Understanding of Distributed Systems
- Exper? ience with Big Data, analytics and cloud technologies ?
Required Knowledge/ Technologies: /p>
- SQ? L
- Git %?0A
Desirable Qualities:%3? Cul>
You will have the chance to learn and enhance your%2? 0skills in a diverse set of technologies and practices, like? AWS, Kubernetes, Hashicorp Vault and Elastic Search and C? ontinuous Delivery.