London, United Kingdom
Project Manager – SDLC, financial services, off-shore development, trading, systems, trading platform, electronic trading, derivatives
A leading financial services trading firm is looking for an experienced project manager with expert knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and experience working with off-shore development and off-shore testing teams.
You will be tasked with delivering a major new derivatives trading platform that is being built by a 3rd party software development company.
My client is a globally recognised business that is in the process of rebuilding some of their strategic platform that will offer world class services to their clients. You will gain valuable experience and have opportunities to progress your career.
As the Project Manager – SDLC, financial services, off-shore development, trading, systems, trading platform, electronic trading, derivatives - your responsibilities will include:
- Project planning – including scope, goals, deliverables, project initiation documents (PIDs)
- Vendor management – offshore development and testing team oversight
- Requirement management – requirements prioritisation, manage the requirements process
- Project reporting – Create documents for the programme and steering boards
- Resource management – management of a global dispersed team
- Communication – stakeholder communication, communicate project expectations
- Change control – organise and chair regular project meetings
- Quality assurance – liaise with test management to develop testing strategies
- Risk and issue management – identify and resolve projects issues
To be considered for this Project Manager – SDLC, financial services, off-shore development, trading, systems, trading platform, electronic trading, derivatives – you must have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of software development project experience
- Business knowledge around FX would be advantageous
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Project management certifications e.g. Prince 2 or PMi
- Experience working with off-shore development and testing teams
- Excellent communication skills
- A track record of delivering significant software projects
To be considered for this role please send your CV to Michael Paterson at Harrington Starr.