Project Manager – ITIL, IT Service Management, Project Governance – Financial Services Technology
A leading Financial Services Technology firm is currently seeking a IT Service Management Project Manager to join their project governance/project management office (PMO) team on an initial 3 month contract. They have a portfolio of projects that uses both waterfall and agile methodologies and they need a Project capable of delivering a server migration project as well as providing PMO support to on-going projects in the form of guidance and reporting
In this role as a Project Manager you will be part of the Governance team which provides strategic operational management overseeing multiple internal projects for the firm looking after internal stakeholders as they seek to align to with their project management framework. Duties include but are not limited to the following:-
- Planning, organising and execution of projects
- Ensures that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of the work efforts are aligned to produce the desired results within the project schedule.
- Organizes project work into manageable groups (project phases and work breakdown) and determines an effective approach for completing the work.
- Communicates a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and leads the project team in achieving them.
- Manage and monitor the project plan to ensure successful completion of the plan activities and delivery of the project on schedule
- Effective cost control and resourcing, enabling project delivery to budget, quality and time
- Strong management of project risks and issues assessing project criticalities and contingencies
- Managing the implementation of projects in a hybrid role.
- Managing Internal and External resources
- Engaging and robust relationships with stakeholders and third parties, reporting project timelines to Stakeholders
- Managing stakeholder expectations
The successful Project Manager will have the following skills and experience,
- 5 years + Project Management experience
- Financial Services Experience, Understanding of Capital Markets
- Vendor/Consultancy Client-Facing Project Management Skills
- Understanding of Infrastructure Implementation Experience
- IT Service Management Experience
- Project Management Office Experience – Project Governance – Cost & Benefit Analysis, Reporting etc.
- ITIL Qualifications preferred
- Understanding of Agile would be Beneficial
- Project Management Qualification would be an advantage. Prince 2 and/or PMP
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), especially with regards to providing information to clients.
- Customer facing experience - taking meetings with customers, providing input to resolve any issues, and driving any actions to completion.
This role is for an immediate starter who is required to start immediately to take part in a hand-over. You must also have worked in a Capital Markets environment. This role suits a process orientated Project Manager with a structured approach.