London, United Kingdom
Project Manager – Prince 2, Agile, SDLC
A leading Financial Services Technology firm is currently seeking a Delivery Project Manager to join their Project Management Division on an initial 6-month contract. Our client has an aggressive timeline of projects and need someone to come on board who will be able to add value immediately and has a delivery track record.
In this role as a Project Manager you will be coordinating a number of projects where you will be responsible not only for the reporting and tracking of projects but also the coordinating of Product Owners and Development Leads, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Planning, organising and execution of projects
- Ensures that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of the work efforts are aligned to produce the desired results within the project schedule.
- Organizes project work into manageable groups (project phases and work breakdown) and determines an effective approach for completing the work.
- Communicates a clear vision of the project’s objectives and leads the project team in achieving them.
- Manage and monitor the project plan to ensure successful completion of the plan activities and delivery of the project on schedule
- Effective cost control and resourcing, enabling project delivery to budget, quality and time
- Strong management of project risks and issues assessing project criticalities and contingencies
- Managing the implementation of projects in a hybrid role.
- Managing Internal and External resources
- Engaging and robust relationships with stakeholders and third parties, reporting project timelines to Stakeholders
- Managing client expectations
The successful Project Manager will have the following skills and experience,
- 5 years + Project Management experience
- Awareness of Agile Delivery Methodology
- Financial Services Experience, however, if not FS, then Telco, eCommerce, FinTech etc.
- Vendor/Consultancy Client-Facing Project Management Skills
- Understanding of Technology, Delivery Track record Experience
- Experience delivering a range of projects across a business from Developmental Change, Finance Projects, Platform Projects
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), especially with regards to providing information to clients.
- Stakeholder Management experience - leading meetings, providing input to resolve any issues, and driving any actions to completion.
- Project Management Qualification would be an advantage. Prince 2 and/or PMP