London, United Kingdom
Our client is a well known and long established Financial Services firm with a global operation covering almost all areas of the financial trading world.
They are going through a significant period of change to unify their IT and business strategies across the group and to assist with this they are looking to hire a Senior Programme Manager / Programme Portfolio Manager for their London City office.
You will work across a substantial programme portfolio covering global business change and IT strategic change.
As the Senior Programme Manager / Programme Portfolio Manager you will:
- Prioritise the programme / project portfolio to align with strategic objectives
- Run programme streams including control of programme managers and senior / board / group programme reporting
- Develop project / programme business cases for each working group area to achieve programme target deliverables
- Carry out programme budgeting / resource analysis & allocation
- Manage senior stakeholder engagement across the programme workstreams
This is a role with significant influence and control over a large programme portfolio (£100m+ annual budget, 300+ project book) so my client is looking for an experienced programme portfolio manager who can clearly demonstrate effective management of similar size books of work and their associated personnel.
You will come from a background of mid-large size financial services organisations and will have covered programme management across IT, business and strategic corporate change. Your skills must extend to resource / budgetary allocation and will also include:
- Senior stakeholder engagement across multiple business / IT streams
- Control of a large programme / portfolio of work
- Development of business-critical project / programme delivery plans
- Effective control of a large group of project / programme managers and their associated teams
- The ability to effectively report upwards and control downwards over a large, complex and rapidly changing portfolio of work
This role will suit an experienced Senior Programme Manager / Programme Portfolio Manager who is looking for a larger book of work and a wider scope of influence within a hugely successful and dynamic financial services firm.
If you have the required experience and would be interested in more information please get in touch ASAP for a conversation.