London, United Kingdom
Programme Manager – Financial Services, Business Change
Harrington Starr have partnered with a leading Financial Services business based in the heart of London. Across the business is a 200million pound yearly portfolio of projects which is growing year on year. My client is looking for exceptional Programme Managers to join their group Project Management function.
My client has a vast amount of both Business and IT Change programs and as a Programme Manager you will be tasked to deliver highly complex and challenging programmes as part of various portfolios of work.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Provide overall program guidance and leadership whilst managing all aspects of a given program including requirements gathering, business case creation and implementation
- Provide steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a rapidly growing company with an evolving business model.
- Create resourcing strategies to ensure world-class support for projects and day to day activities
- Manage and guide Project Managers, provide performance expectations and help Project Managers where possible to manage delivery expectations
- Review program budgets and scope changes
- Ensure business priorities are in-line with the scope of the projects
- Manage high-level program risk’s and interdependencies
- Be the escalation point of issues
Required skills and expertise:
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability, business acumen, and industry knowledge around Financial Trading and Market Data, Financial Change Programmes
- Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
- Adept at helping team members harness and develop strengths in pursuit of successful program outcomes
- Ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives with a minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change
- Ability to make decisions independently and to assume higher-level leadership responsibilities in critical situations
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Ability to innovate under new and/or changing conditions
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Effective consultative and influencing approach
My client offers a fantastic working environment, one which is non-political with a real sense of support and family around you in terms of how you are supported to grow through the business. We are also looking for people that inject and inspire energy at all levels!
If this sounds like the type of opportunity you are interested in, and you are passionate about Business and IT Change please apply to this advert and contact Michael Paterson at Harrington Starr.