London, United Kingdom
Pre-Sales Technical Support, London Based.
Competitive Base, plus OTE Bonus and Commission. Excellent Flexible Benefits Scheme.
Our client is a global leader in providing Web based technology for trading in the financial Markets. Their customer base boasts many of world’s largest financial institutions. Our client's award winning software offers cutting edge market data connectivity and trading solutions.
On behalf of our client we are urgently searching for a Pre-Sales Engineer to support the Sales team in new and existing client sales opportunities. This is a first class opportunity for an experienced and Pre-Sales Engineer seeking a role which combines your technical, problem solving and customer-facing skills in a front line challenging client facing role and play a key part in the continued growth of the business.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities include:
- Technical support for client presentations, meetings and exhibitions
- Preparing and delivering technical presentations to prospects and customers
- Helping with programming, testing and deploying of sales demos
- Planning and assisting with proof –of-concept projects
- Assisting with the preparation of technical proposals and technical marketing documents
- Being the point of contact for prospects
- Maintaining a good relationship with the prospective customer throughout the life-cycle of the sales pipeline
- A degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering or similar technical degree at 2:1 or above is essential
- Minimum 2 years’ – maximum 4 years’ experience of providing technical support for software systems/applications/networks is essential
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable drive, enthusiasm and discipline
- Demonstrable understanding of web-based enterprise systems technical architecture and constituent components (i.e. Databases, Application Servers, Web Servers, Firewalls, Proxies, Browsers) is essential
- Practical experience of Linux, Solaris, Tomcat, Weblogic, Sybase, is preferable
- Practical experience of fault tracking systems
- Experience working within the Financial Markets arena
- Familiar with Agile development approaches.
- Willingness to participate in occasional non-business hours meetings/calls to cover APAC/Americas prospects
- Willingness to travel globally
- A hunger to develop and gain valuable leading-edge web technology skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class company, and a successful global leading player providing exciting trading solutions for the Financial Services Sector. If you feel you have the required drive, passion and skills, and would like to join this exciting company in the London City office with global travel, please contact ASAP Antonio Ciarleglio at: Antonio.Ciarleglio@harringtonstarr.com Call: +44 (0) 203 587 7007