London, United Kingdom
Portfolio Manager – Securities Clearing, Business Change, IT Change, Equities, MIFID 2
Harrington Starr have partnered with a leading Financial Institution based from London who are committed to change and optimisation. We are searching for a world-class Change Portfolio Manager to manage their very visible Securities Clearing/Capital Markets/Trading Portfolio.
This portfolio has over £25mill in terms of budgeted projects and is growing month-by-month from the business aligned and IT transformation perspective. We are looking for an Individual to come on-board to strengthen deliverables and lead this portfolio over the next couple of years, after that we see you being promoted into a much larger role internally.
You will need to come from a background managing complex change programs and portfolios of change upwards of £25million/year split up into over 50 projects with a personal interest and knowledge in the trading markets across Derivatives, Fixed Income, and Equities. We are also looking for candidates with strong trade reporting experience and across MIFID II from the regulatory perspective.
- Lead the strategic vision, execution and QA for projects and programs within the Capital Markets portfolio
- Create business cases for projects, identifying business impacts and the anticipated business needs and potential benefits including the risk of failure
- Manage overall progress of the project portfolio with a particular focus on financials around budgets including key milestones and dependencies
- Develop strategic plans
- Monitor and manage staff deployments and resource requirements for business programs
- Reporting key milestones and progress to senior C-level management with a specific emphasis on business objectives, resource management and deployment, risk and risk management and portfolio volatility with regards to scope changes to projects
- Annual planning and budget process, leading and designing frameworks
- Working very closely with business stakeholders to prioritize business needs and requests
- Ensuring new tools and methods are adopted by end users
- Planning systematic corrective actions to reduce errors in projects and programs through root cause examination
Experience & skills:
- Extensive experience in project/portfolio resource planning, prioritization, resourcing and budgeting.
- In-depth experience of Securities Clearing and associated regulatory environments and initiatives
- Experience managing portfolios of upwards of £30mill with over 50 projects.
- Experience within Capital Markets (Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives) with experience around MIFID II and any regulated financial trading environments
- Project program management and leadership skills
- Deep understanding around management structures, reporting lines for program and project management
- Successful track-record in delivery of business and IT aligned change programs within Financial Trading
Please get in touch with Michael Paterson at Harrington Starr for more information on this fantastic role we will be looking to set up interviews very quickly.