Hayes, United Kingdom
The North Starr recruitment business are looking to hire a Platform Engineer for one of the worlds most exciting commerce companies. This Platform Engineer role will combine the elements of Enterprise Software Development with forward thinking, daily innovation.
As part of a pioneering worldwide technical team you will be tasked with thinking of new & innovative ways of pushing the technical boundaries.
Your key responsibilities will be to deliver complex software application solutions focusing on the design & development of the core services & fabric of the eCommerce system.
Key Qualifications are as follows:
8+ years experience as a Lead Engineer working on a core platform of an enterprise software platform or high transaction web application
Proficient in (one or more): Java, Spring, Akka, Oracle
Past experience in (one or more) NoSQL DB: Cassandra, CouchBase, MongoDB
Thorough understanding of an ORM,Hibernate
Thorough understanding RESTFUL services
Expertise with highly scalable and reliable applications is a plus plus any experience with active-active applications
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following characteristics and experience:
• Expertise in the web technologies with proficiency in Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate and Oracle
• Deep knowledge of OO concepts and design patterns
• Strong familiarity of deploying large-scale J2EE applications is important
• Software development based on functional specification and technical design; adhere to development techniques and standards
• Conceive and document technical design for software in development; adhere to architectural standards and develop designs that consider impact with other aspects of the software and appropriately leverage existing code
• Produce and review high-level and detailed technical Designs following Apple standards for a range of subject areas (e.g., requirements, data access strategy, business uses and usage)
• Keep up to date on new technologies and offer analysis of present or future benefit to Apple
• Facilitate design walkthroughs with IT and business staff to validate solutions against business requirements and IT architecture
• Independently analyse and resolve large, complex, high impact production problems, assessing alternatives as appropriate and implementing long-term solutions
• Provide direction and mentorship to less experienced staff
• Leverage technology advances through tactical and strategic technology solutions, reference architectures, frameworks, and components
Education Bachelors or Masters in a Computer Science or related Engineering field.
This really is a truly exciting opportunity with the worlds leading technical companies. The benefit package is one of the best in the industry and having this client on your CV will go before you throughout your career.
The North Starr team look forward to hearing from you.