The North Starr, part of the Harrington Starr recruitment group are looking to hire x 3 contract PHP Developers. These role will suit PHP Developers who are experienced to either a junior, mid-range or senior level.
The client site is situated very near to Waterloo Station so commuting links are in abundance for both overground or underground links.
please find the basic job summary as per below:
You will work within the clients Software Engineering team to further develop their world class, web-based product lines
- Working alongside an experienced team of developers to implement features, resolve bugs and develop technical improvements
- Following Agile development methodologies to deliver high quality, working software on a timely basis
- Performing code reviews and contributing to technical design discussions
- Working with the broader business, including QA and Product teams, in a professional and adaptable manner, to ensure the completion of projects in line with customer and business expectations
The essential core skills & experience for this role are as follows:
- A background in computer science and software engineering
- Extensive experience working as a back-end developer on enterprise level, object orientated PHP applications.
- Comfortable working as part of an Agile team, in a collaborative environment where sharing of ideas and working together is encouraged.
- Able to solve complex business problems using PHP code
- A strong grasp of object orientated programming principles, patterns and practices.
- Recent and substantial experience using the Symfony framework (v2 or above)
- A good understanding of both monolithic and distributed Web application architecture, including the HTTP protocol, session management, APIs and authentication.
- Experience using BASH, Vagrant and GIT on a daily basis
- A good level of fluency in SQL, familiarity with database administration and optimisation
- Dependant on level of experience please still apply if you do not have some of the skills above.
So to re-cap, if you work in the PHP Development world at any level we would like to hear from you. These contracts will run throughout 2018 so we are looking to speak to PHP Developers who can commit to a 6 month contract. You will be working with a first class, forward thinking & motivated team all looking to make a difference to the technical landscape.
The North Starr team look forward to hearing from you,