City of London, London
£450 - £550 per day
Harrington Starr is currently working with a leading financial services company based in the City of London who are looking for an Oracle DBA & Oracle Environment Administrator contractor to join a major project for initially 6 months with the view of being in the business long term.
what you will be required to do:
- Expert knowledge of Oracle Database 12c R1
- Oracle Database administration experience on Windows platforms using ASM
- Expert knowledge of Oracle configuration, tuning, Oracle Data Guard/Active Data Guard
- Knowledge of PL/SQL-SQL programming (write complex PL/SQL queries and scripts), Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-Defined Functions, etc.
- 5 years+ database management experience
- Cloud Control (OEM) & monitoring tools
- Application/Oracle troubleshooting
- Backup (RMAN) & BCP strategies
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Own the in-house Oracle Enterprise environment consisting of 3 core production and several project/test/dev databases comprising a total of 5TB of data
- Experience of small/midsize hands on business environments
- Defining database architecture and strategic requirements
- Setting and maintaining standards, policies and QA processes assuring that database deployments meet the required baselines
- Working closely with the in-house IT Development & Infrastructure Teams and business stakeholders regarding any Oracle related initiatives or issues
- Holding the external Oracle 3rd parties to account
- Building Oracle Production, DR and Test environments for a business critical applications from scratch
- Oracle upgrades and migration on Windows OS, which will include planning for migration to 19C, hardware refresh cycles, capacity planning, etc.
- Develop and test data migration procedures
- Provide maintenance and support for mission critical databases
- Document and maintain various design requirements and facilitate implementations
- Establish and maintain real time production database replication on a Dev/Test environment
Please apply to this role for more information and get in touch with George.email@example.com with your CV.