New York, United States
Operations Support – Fund Accounting
Harrington Starr are currently working with leading provider of Accounting and Risk services for the Portfolio Management and Hedge Fund Space. Our client is looking to hire into their operations / fund accounting team based out of New York. The role will involve working with across font to back trade flow process managing the BAU operations.
The role will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Update the portfolio management system, maintain the books and records and prepare the daily cash reconciliation
- Produce weekly and monthly net asset calculations
- Liaise with clients and fund managers externally
- Work closely with various teams including the sales and technical support teams, you would also be involved in the on boarding of new clients and handling inquiries
- Monitor the data entry work of a junior team member
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing fintech company. My client is a privately owned and are looking to hire proactive and forward thinking talent into the business, in return they can offer a sustainable and evolving career. They are a great team of people and this is a really collaborative and exciting organization to be a part of.
To be considered for the role, you will need the following skills and experience for the role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You will need to be computer literate, ideally you will know your way around web based applications
- You will be someone who likes to take ownership of tasks and see things through to resolution
- You will be interested in Hedge funds, their strategies and the legal, regulatory and tax implications and scenarios that they come across