Harrison , United States
Harrington Starr are currently working with leading provider of financial software and services for the Portfolio Management and Hedge Fund Space. Our client is looking to hire into their operations / fund accounting team based out of New York. The role will involve working with across font to back trade flow process managing the BAU operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing fintech company. My client is a privately owned and are looking to hire proactive and forward thinking talent into the business, in return they can offer a sustainable and evolving career. They are a great team of people and this is a really collaborative and exciting organization to be a part of.
To be considered for the role, you will need the following skills and experience for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- Experience/knowledge with hedge funds or fund of fund
- 6- 10 years’ experience/knowledge as a hedge fund accountant or auditor of hedge funds
- Exceptional organizational and written/verbal communication skills
- Fund Accounting with exposure to operations (ie products and trade process knowledge)
- Financial statement prep/review experience
- Ideal candidate has experience at 1) audit firm, 2) fund or bank and 3) an administrator
- Strong Excel knowledge (Pivot Table, Sumif, V-lookup)
- Effective communicator - controller level
- Geneva and/or Advent software knowledge a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Individual who takes initiative and ownership of assigned responsibilities