New York, United States
The Harrington Starr BI Data & Analytics team are working with one of the City’s most exciting FTSE100 companies. We require a Data Analytics & BI reporting Analyst who has an understanding of the Financial Services or cutting-edge technology industry.
This role will suit an individual who has a passion for Data Science and the emerging technologies across the Data Analytics landscape
The role will be based full-time, initially 5 days per week near to Bank station so easily accessible to a host of stations.
The core responsibilities for this Data Analyst are as follows:
- Collecting necessary operational data for improving stability, reducing operational risk and improving efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ensuring that appropriate technology is instrumented for analytics. These include access to current systems and extracting and also consuming data sets provided.
- Publishing periodic reports, discovering patterns, working with infrastructure and development support to influence and prioritise opportunities to improve availability.
- Leading a team of individuals who can deliver to this mandate.
- Hands on analytical capabilities and understanding of basic principles of data, statistics and mathematics.
- Develop this function
For an immediate telephone, we require the following skills:
- Degree in Statistics / Mathematics / Computer Science.
- Data scientist
- Hands on knowledge and use of industry leading tools like Microsoft Power BI.
- Understanding and use of elasticsearch, logstash, kibana etc.
- Use of libraries such as d3.js.
- Python programming
- SPL & No SQL programming
- Keen for continued learning across emerging data science technologies.
Our client needs to make the right hire so can wait a reasonable timescale, therefore please apply if you are on an extended notice.
To re-cap, we require a hybrid Data Analytics & BI Reporting Analyst who is at the top of their game and looking for a role with a significant difference.
You will be ready to help the team with gathering data, cleaning data, loading data into database, accessing data and making it available for consumption into visualisation tool and reporting tool.
The Harrington Starr BI & Data Analytics team very much look forward to hearing from you.