London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr are currently working with a leading Global Exchange based in the City of London.
Our client, is looking to hire an ambitious Performance Tester who will join an experienced QA team to test all performance and other non-functional aspects of various IT systems.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate strong experience in developing performance test scrips and good understanding of non-functional aspects of IT systems.
- Produce Performance Test scripts and scenarios in accordance with the documented approach
- Execute the performance tests prescribed within the Performance Test Design and document any deviation from the test scenarios as originally defined
- Generate test data for load testing
- Document defects discovered during the running of the tests
- Work with Technical Lead and other resources across the development and environments teams to rectify issues encountered during testing and tune the application performance.
- Report progress to the Test Manager
Skills/Experience/Qualifications required to perform the role:
- Preferred - Bachelors or Master’s Degree (IT or Maths although other degrees will be considered)
- Strong scripting experience on Jmeter (preferably with an understanding plugin development in Java) or HP Loadrunner
- Strong knowledge of Performance, Capacity, Stress Testing Techniques/Methods/Tools
- Working knowledge of UNIX and MS Windows, relational databases (preferably MS-SQL Server and MySQL) and web servers (preferably IIS)
- Working knowledge of performance monitoring of Operating Systems and relational databases like MySQL/MS-SQL server and Web/Application Servers (IIS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Performance and failover testing experience in a professional role, preferably with low latency
- Understanding of Server topology (web/app/DB server), Computer Networks (TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls), and knowledge of service layers, Restful service, SOAP Web Services, Websockets
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- Motivated and proactive
- A strong teamwork ethic with a proven ability to work collaboratively
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal capabilities – both written and verbal
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Flexibility in working around logistic and technical blockers.