Node JS Bl_1526465914
Node.js software developer (backend)
About the business.
Harrington Starr are working with an innovative applications development company, focusing on distributed ledger technology and smart contracts.
Based in London, this business has an expert team of blockchain developers that have been building cutting-edge solutions for disruptive startups and corporate clients in banking and finance, e-payments, energy trading, aviation, telecommunications and social impact sectors.
We are building a new generation of decentralised applications, working through some of the most interesting problems in this field such as KYC, identity management, transactions anonymity, encryption and data security.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop cutting edge software solutions for startups and corporate clients
- Engage with clients to understand their product vision and design proof-of-concept and production grade products
- Develop smart contracts on solidity
- Liaise with frontend developers to build APIs for web and mobile
- Write automated tests for smart contracts and server side code
- Design and build large scale, high volume systems
Required skills & experience:
- Strong backend development experience
- Experience in writing automated tests
- Experience with API design and implementation
- Experience with SQL and NoSql Databases (MySQL/Postgres, Redis)
- Good understanding of Linux
- Git knowledge (feature branches, github flow)
Additional desirable experience:
- Knowledge of ES6+/ES2015+ (new features, specifically: Promises, Async/Await and Generators)
- Experience in API development and best practices (testing, documenting, versioning, monitoring)
- Testing Frameworks (Jest, Mocha/Chai/Should.js, Enzyme)
- Docker experience (Docker Compose, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Cloud computing platforms: Azure, AWS (user roles / network configuration / VM deployment)
- Experience with EC2 APIs (S3, creating and configuring networks and VMs programmatically) ? Experience in React
This is a stand out opportunity to work within a great team environment on cutting-edge financial software systems.
If you are interested in being more than a developer and utilising your skills to deliver industry leading technology solutions, please get in contact with Tod Bamber @ Harrington Starr.