Harrington Starr is currently working with a leading financial services company.
Our client, is looking for a strong Network Support Engineer to join their Operations Team.
This role will ensure that all core network of the organisation includes appropriate standards and ITIL compliance.
- Ensuring availability of LAN/WAN networks, and providing 3rd line support for WAN and data center connectivity.
- Managing incidents and requests logged for the WAN solution.
- Creating Firewall rules, and performing capacity modelling and monitoring.
- Ensuring all network components are appropriately monitored and integrated into the organisations enterprise monitoring solution
- To carry networking duties in supporting production environments (incident, problem, change…)
- To provide advice on platform/network security controls.
- Primary responsibility for the management of all the organisations network production infrastructures including but not limited to Cisco Nexus 3K, 5K,7K, 9K, F5 and A10 load balancers , Cisco ASA firewalls, Checkpoint firewalls, Arista switches, WLC, Corvil, wireshark, riverbed, ISE, solarwinds.
- On Call required.
- Some weekend work and overtime will be required.
Professional Qualifications Required:
- Cisco certified - CCNP minimum, CCIE ideally.
- Presentation skills, both written and oral
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
- ITIL Foundation desirable.
Skills set and Core Competencies Required for Role
- Expert knowledge of Cisco ASA Firewalls with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco LAN/WAN Networking (Cisco Routers and WAN Protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Data Center switches (Nexus 9000, 7000, 5000, 3000 and 2000 FEXs)
- Expert knowledge of data packet capture analysis (wireshark, Riverbed,…)
- Knowledge of Load Balancers ( A10 LTM, F5 GTM)
- Knowledge of Arista Data Center switches
- Knowledge of Cisco Wireless solutions
- Network Virtualization (VRFs, contexts, VDCs, etc.)
- Network Security with VPNs, ACLs, etc
- Strong understanding of network enterprise monitoring solutions and associated operational support processes, ideally solarwinds
Candidates from a Financial Services background will be favored.