City of London
£65000 - £75000 per annum
Network / Infrastructure Engineer - Central London
Harrington Starr are working in collaboration with a London based investment management firm who are seeking a hybrid Network/Infrastructure Engineer to join their company in a team of 3.
This Network/Infrastructure Engineer will be providing technical support for all infrastructure, including Server and storage. With some focus on network, telecom, security and firewall maintenance. Essentially 50/50 Network to Infrastructure daily responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Take ownership and manage network related service desk tickets, ensuring tickets are processed efficiently and effectively.
- To assist in the technical design of both hardware and software infrastructure.
- Maintenance of ongoing compliance and key controls such as threat monitoring, rule-base reviews and network device/firewall firmware patching
- Interpretation and implementation of BAU firewall changes
- Help deliver strong IT Service Availability
The key requirements for this Infrastructure Engineer role are:
- Strong knowledge of CISCO based telephony and networking (CCNA desirable) with a network background of at least two years
- Strong knowledge of Firewall and security-based systems.
- General knowledge of SSL Certificate Administration
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and SMTP. LACP, Spanning-Tree, VRRP, HSRP, VLAN Trunking, Ethernet, VOIP, LLDP, CDP and SNMP.
- Have in-depth knowledge windows Active directory technologies.
- (MSCP desirable) with a least two years' experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Exchange, email infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of Windows based server & workstation technology.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of VMware server virtualization and management including SRM
This is an excellent opportunity for a Network/Infrastructure Engineer who is keen to develop within an organisation that has a huge presence in the Investment Management space.
For more information please apply for this role or contact me on: 02035877007