London, United Kingdom
Network Security Engineer required by global organisation based in the city of London. On offer is the opportunity to join a recognised market leader in a greenfield role which offers a unique blend of business and technical challenges.
The successful candidate will undertake the following challenges on a day to day basis:
- Hands on security activities across networking and infrastructure environments.
- Represents networks in operational and project activities across networking infrastructure, including LAN, WAN, routers, switches, F5, firewalls etc.
- Escalation point for all network related operational security incidents, threats and vulnerabilities, managing tasks and driving through resolutions
- Monitoring & reporting, ensuring environment is regularly and comprehensively monitored, concerns and security risks mitigated, regular and ad hoc reports produced as required.
- Ensuring environment is patched and protected from security threats, undertake regular reviews, identify and eliminate security risks.
- Participate in operational technology checks and controls, identify anomalies working with various teams to mitigate and reduce risks
- Work closely with the IT Security Management team to contribute to the development of the longer term IT security strategy
- Regularly attend the Change Advisory Board (CAB) ensuring all changes and admin tasks met the specified processes
- Become recognised as the SME for all operational security, initiatives, threats and vulnerability management within 6-12 months
The successful candidate will have the following profile:
- Extensive network security background with at least 5 years in a complex, multisite, global organisation, delivering and supporting network security appliances.
- Dedicated hands-on security role in large corporate enterprise with responsibilities for a broad range of security devices, applications, tools and services.
- Previous management experience of DMZ devices and tools, including firewalls, proxy servers, IDS, rule-base management etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of certificate and encryption technologies, anti-virus software and content filtering
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies and protocols in security and networking areas including tools and cyber threat management
- SOC/SIEM experience, with good experience in threat and vulnerability remediation & incident management response.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies, TCP/IP, inc IP classes, subnets, multicast, NAT, WINS.DNS,DHCP
- Good understanding of MS OS & server technologies including patch management technologies and processes
Please send your CV ASAP for this exciting role with imminent interview slots!