London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr is currently working with a leading financial services technology company.
Our client, is looking to hire a Network Security Engineer. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Information Security Manager and will be involved in the entire life-cycle of delivering technology requirements.
The role will be based in their offices in London and they are looking for an initial 6 month rolling contract to come in and help monitor all security platforms and associated software, such as routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention systems for compliance and alignment to the security standard in force.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Design, review and ongoing assessment of firewall, intrusion detection/intrusion prevention, SIEM Network related areas, VPN, SSL, application control, Antivirus, and other network component policies/standards/process/guidelines.
- Ensure network security best practices are implemented through auditing: router, switch, firewall configurations, change control, and monitoring.
- Understand the output and details of the ongoing vulnerability testing, and then lead remediation projects
- Follow project management methodology and demonstrate best-practices in network documentation as required
- Knowledge of security network devices (firewalls, switches, SIEM, Antivirus, cryptography, etc.) and other security networking hardware/software tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of information security concepts, standards, practices, including but not limited to firewalls, intrusion prevention and detection, TCP/IP and related protocols, device monitoring and log management and event monitoring/reporting
- Experience in LAN and WAN technologies, network design, network management etc.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP, subnetting, routing, access control lists, firewalls, VPN, NAT and network traffic analysis.
- Excellent organizational skill and be able to attend to and prioritize projects.
- Proven ability to thrive and respond to frequent demands of multiple constituents, both internal and external, in a customer centric manner and high demand environment.
- Preferred professional certification include; FCNSP, CCNP, CISSP, SSCP, CEH, GIAC, Security +, OSCP.
- Or Computer Science preferred.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience with information technology.
- Minimum of four years’ experience with information technology security.