London, United Kingdom
MUREX Technical Support Expert (Paris based)
Capco is a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry with more than 3000 consultants across 23 offices in Europe, North America and Asia. Capco is part of FIS, a leading service provider to the financial services industry, and is a consultant and service provider to the world’s investment banks. We are hiring “change the bank” and “run the bank” IT professionals at different levels to staff our platforms.
This capital market post-trade platform for derivatives results from the long-term teaming up of FIS with Crédit Agricole CIB and from the transfer of competencies and responsibilities of IT development, maintenance and support to FIS teams.
We are looking for team leaders and members for support, development and application maintenance willing to bring pragmatic organization solutions, be involved in strategic and innovative projects while leveraging battle tested methodologies.
Murex Technical Support Expert
Crédit Agricole CIB platform is using Murex V3 solution for its Front Office fix income and credit derivative activity and Murex V2 for Credit Derivative Back Office. The trading is ensured 24/24 from Asia to US, with teams deployed in Tokyo, Hong-Kong, Singapore, London, Paris, New-York and Bangalore.
Murex is the key element to ensure real-time control of PnL and sensitivities, produce EOD Risk indicators, feed the Back office systems, and generate confirmations, accounting and regulatory reporting on credit derivatives perimeter. As part of the team maintaining this central piece of IT architecture, you will deal with a scope particularly wide and rich in terms of functional coverage, Murex modules implemented and interlocutors you will have to interact with.
You will act as Murex Subject Matter Expert in a Technical Support team of 7 team members, whose main responsibility is the first and second level of support for several Murex instances (MxG2000 and MX.III) – that includes EOD chain support, weekend releases preparation and coordination, incident solving, configuration management for development/integration environments.
- Provide quality technical support on / around the entire Murex production chain.
- Analyze and manage incidents and propose solutions
- Identify underlying root causes for recurring problems. Promote and implement improvements on IT processes.
- Monitor technical services activity. Propose improvement for performance.
- Manage the Technical Releases
- Manage all Murex environments (excl. production environments) v2 and v3.
- Propose and develop enhancements to improve the technical support team work, where possible.
- Write and update documentation covering technical aspects of/around the Murex platforms.
- Write troubleshooting procedures, ‘’How to’s’’ and other technical advanced documentation.
- Share knowledge and coach newcomers, leverage your expertise through a continuous training program
Expected experience and knowledge:
- At least 7 years of relevant technical experience around Murex.
- Strong knowledge of MxG2000 v2.11 and v3.1 architecture, main services and around audit/debugging functionalities.
- Good knowledge of Real Time, Datamart, MxMl Exchange, Workflows and End of Day chain
- Understanding of Bonds, Repos and Credit Derivatives is a plus.
- Strong skills in either UNIX or Linux.
- Strong SQL skills (query building and performance analysis).
- Past experience with a scheduler is a must.
- Good scripting Skills (Unix shell, …).
- Programming Skills (Java, C, XML) is a plus.
- Client orientation is a must.
- Strong sense of cross group collaborative work and team spirit.
- Past experience with offshore is a plus.
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in French is a plus.