London, United Kingdom
£700 - £800 Per Day
Harrington Starr are currently working with a leading financial institute who are looking for a Murex Technical Consultant. You will be an active member of the first post-trade derivatives platform utility.
This platform will allow worldwide investment banks to leverage IT services, to decrease significantly their cost base, while increasing their ability to invest and increasing their operational efficiency.
You will act as Murex Subject Matter Expert in a Technical Support team of 7 team members, whose main responsibility is the first and second level of support for several Murex instances (MxG2000 and MX.III) – that includes EOD chain support, weekend releases preparation and coordination, incident solving, configuration management for development/integration environments.
- Provide quality technical support on / around the entire Murex production chain.
- Analyze and manage incidents and propose solutions
- Identify underlying root causes for recurring problems. Promote and implement improvements on IT processes.
- Monitor technical services activity. Propose improvement for performance.
- Manage the Technical Releases
- Manage all Murex environments (excl. production environments) v2 and v3.
- Propose and develop enhancements to improve the technical support team work, where possible.
- Write and update documentation covering technical aspects of/around the Murex platforms.
- Write troubleshooting procedures, ‘’How to’s’’ and other technical advanced documentation.
- Share knowledge and coach newcomers, leverage your expertise through a continuous training program
Expected experience and knowledge:
- At least 7 years of relevant technical experience around Murex.
- Strong knowledge of MxG2000 v2.11 and v3.1 architecture, main services and around audit/debugging functionalities.
- Good knowledge of Real Time, Datamart, MxMl Exchange, Workflows and End of Day chain
- Understanding of Bonds, Repos and Credit Derivatives is a plus.
- Strong skills in either UNIX or Linux.
- Strong SQL skills (query building and performance analysis).
- Past experience with a scheduler is a must.
- Good scripting Skills (Unix shell, …).
- Programming Skills (Java, C, XML) is a plus.
- Client orientation is a must.
- Strong sense of cross group collaborative work and team spirit.
- Past experience with offshore is a plus.
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in French is a plus.
Sound interesting please contact James Platt on 0203 587 7007