Commencing Oct 2022
Location: London EC3
Baton Systems is a fast scaling global FinTech company that’s digitally transforming the industry’s post-trade infrastructure with distributed ledger technology (DLT). Its innovative solutions empower banks to take control and address the most critical risk, capital and liquidity issues impacting post-trade today.
Operationalising the benefits of blockchain technology for the financial markets with a viable and proven solution, Baton’s clients include several of the world’s largest financial institutions.
What we’re looking for:
- Passion, enthusiasm and drive. We’re a young company looking for fresh ideas - we’ll want you to work with us to execute a fully integrated marketing and communications plan
- Someone who's proactive, keen to manage and be responsible for the marketing function. You’ll be leading a small team, but we’re a fast expanding business, so you will be both coordinating the delivery of the marketing plan and actually executing elements yourself.
- Good judgment. You’ll need to be able to find the right balance between care/attention to detail whilst keeping pace with a fast-moving delivery schedule
- A keen learner, someone who wants to develop, learn new skills and contribute. The role is broad; you'll be managing a plan that includes PR, communications, events, awards, SEO and PPC, plus other aspects of digital and social media marketing. We want someone willing to get stuck in and if you don’t have experience in a key area, be someone who wants to work with us to help you develop these skills
- Excellent writing skills and strong attention to detail
- Presentation skills: You’ll need to present to senior stakeholders
- 3 years+ experience managing marketing and / or communications in the B2B fintech sector (either in-house or agency side)
- Effective time management skills
- Flexibility: It’s a two way street:
- You won’t be expected to come into an office everyday, just a couple of days a week - we’re a friendly bunch and we’d like to get to know you
- This is a 12 month full time employee maternity cover contract commencing Oct 2022, which may roll into a permanent position in Oct 2023
Responsibilities will include:
- Executing a fully integrated marketing and communications plan for 2023
- Maintaining Baton’s online marketing set-up with a strong digital marketing, content distribution and lead generation focus
- Developing and reporting on individual marketing campaigns
- Train, develop and manage a small team and agency
- Marketing budget management
- Keeping a close eye on the data. By keeping up-to-speed on what’s working and what’s not, you’ll be able to use this insight to drive marketing plan improvements
- Ensuring clear and consistent communication of evolving messaging across all channels
- Writing and editing content
- Brand management
- As digital and social media marketing becomes increasingly important you’ll be responsible for maintaining and, where possible, driving Baton forward in these areas
- Managing award submissions, conference participation and Baton owned events
If this sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you!