London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr is working with a leading investment organisation who is currently looking for a talented and bright market data engineer to join their established team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a investment company that is looking to expand its team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- First, second & third line support for the Customer’s Global market data platforms.
- Part of a team that will help architect the growth of our clients’ high availability, market data platforms and exchange connectivity network across multiple global regions.
- Client, Exchange & 3rd party relationship management.
- Full ownership of issues and projects.
- Co-ordinate and carry out systems and user testing, including preparation of test plans where necessary.
- Keep abreast of regulatory and exchange changes that affect environment.
- Complying with internal processes.
- Shift pattern covering 6.30am to 6pm
Key Performance Indicators
- The successful delivery of tasks and projects on time
- Customer service satisfaction
- Ensuring system availability as per agreed SLA’s
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and people skills
- Low latency market data feed management (eg, Nyse Tech/Wombat/Vela,
- Very strong VELA Wombat Feed handler knowledge with extensive experience of handling EDCs
- Knowledge of Linux (RedHat ES Preferable)
- TCP/Multicast Networking/Routing and ability to debug issues with the aid of tools such as tcpdump
- Scripting (Perl, Bash)
- Previous experience working with Exchange Native Protocols (eg, UTP, ITCH, MITCH)
- Experience with supporting low latency / high throughput / high availability / distributed market data platforms.
This is a great opportunity to work for an investment organisation. If you are looking for a new challenge working in a fast-paced environment, using the latest technologies then please apply now. For immediate inquiries please contact Jake Browne at Harrington Starr. email@example.com