Market Data Trade Application Support Engineer - London - Financial Services - TREP - £300/340per day
Here at Harrington Starr we are working with a prestigious Financial Services Technology group to work within their Market Data Platform team which manages the TREP platforms. The role covers both support and engineering functions and operates a shift pattern covering core European business hours. This role will involve project work alongside the on-boarding of new Apps to the platforms which includes exchange upgrades, liaison with Development groups, weekend release work.
As an already experienced Market Data Trade Application Support Engineer you will already have heavy or good knowledge of;
- Good Intermediate level (2nd line support level) of Redhat server operating system
- Good Intermediate level (2st line support level) of Windows server operating
- Infrastructure tasks related to TREP, Deal Tracker Suite (DTAA, DTA, DTSTOF/
- Application tasks related to Thomson Reuters: FXT, Eikon, MCS, Compliance,
- Infrastructure and application related tasks for Bloomberg: RFQ, BTCA,
Compliance, Data Licence, Scheduled feed
- Application related tasks for FX dealing applications (ie. BARX, Autobahn,
CitiVelocity, JP Morgan, Marquee Trader, 360T etc)
- Understanding of Networking, Cabling, Firewall, Citrix and CCM
- Using SCCM, TeraTerm, PuTTY and RDC tools
- Basic Project management
- Good understanding of automated client build technologies, software packaging
and software distribution.
- Good understanding of virtualisation technologies.
- Good understanding of the concept of client/server and otherwise distributed
application delivery methodologies.
- Good understanding of the technologies related to the delivery of Broker and
Market Data services across the OSI reference model.
- Good understanding of the ITIL IT service delivery framework.
- Good understanding waterfall and agile software development lifecycles (SDLCs).
- Good understanding of Active Directory (AD) directory services.
- Good understanding of database server concepts.
This is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate who is looking to create initiative problem solving ideas, be a leader in the latest business developments and functional enhancements within the financial world. Please get into contact with email@example.com if you wish to speak further about the opportunity.