London, United Kingdom
Lead Software Engineer
What we do
Grow Biotech are working to solve problems for the (fast growing) legal cannabis industry.
We are looking for a dynamic, proven engineering lead to help us launch a B2B technology platform to make trading cannabis products as easy as any other commodity or product.
We want someone hands-on who will do much of the initial coding themself - looking to build a team as we progress working closely with UX and product team members. The right candidate should expect to be considered for a CTO position as we grow.
Build and operate a new tech platform to facilitate trade of legal cannabis products. Our vision is that our tech platform will become the go-to-marketplace for legal cannabis products. Your role will require you to:
- Work autonomously to identify the best systems to enable the product to be launched - working alone and supplementing your own ability with additional team members as required / appropriate.
- Manage and maintain all internal and external systems, ensuring scalable technology architecture, high velocity agile development, solid uptime and reliability.
- Work closely with UX and product team members to create solutions to customer problems, prioritise and scope work to deliver a consumer-grade experience.
- Delivery of initial product fast and releasing regular updates to reflect customer-focused improvements including additional features.
- Collaborating with business stakeholders to determine key priorities. Helping non-technical team members understand problems and solutions in a user-friendly way.
- 5 + years of engineering experience with a record of delivering projects - working alone & in teams - getting things done wherever you work.
- Record of solving problems alone - using a range of solutions to best suit the problem.
- Experience managing a full-stack team or proven ability to step up to a management role.
- Experience managing new product development, operational support, dev, tech and managing engineering-related costs.
- Highly analytical and capable of synthesising data to inform product roadmap.
About our product
Cannabis is a fascinating commodity. Although it is known best for getting people ‘high’ - more and more uses are being found by legal businesses including industries like healthcare, health and wellbeing, beauty, construction and clothing - as well as many others.
Despite its many benefits - trading in hemp and other cannabis products is hugely complex, supply chains are opaque and finding what you need is hugely time-consuming. We want to change that - and we want our tech platform to be at the centre of it - building an exchange / marketplace that connects participants in a way that’s way better than any other.
About us & where you fit in
We are enthusiastic about the industry we work in. It’s developing at rapid pace and we want to help shape it for the better. We want to set high standards for ourselves - solving the problems our customers & users have.
The right candidate should be enthusiastic, good at working autonomously and able to get stakeholder input when needed - even when everyone else is busy. You shouldn’t be afraid of shaping our culture. We are a cross-functional team from scientists to sales - what combines us that we’re all great at what we do.