London, United Kingdom
Lead Java Developer – FX Trading Facility - London
A global trading facility is seeking a Lead Java Developer to play a senior role in their core development team.
As the Lead Java Developer you will be responsible for designing, developing and testing new and existing features on a low latency trading system. The role with include working with complex technical data tools and require the right individual to have a strong command of core java and a good appreciation of latency sensitive systems.
This is a mission critical system so the company operate a stringent agile / test driven development approach to ensure that the code is fluid and bug free. The right individual will have strong appreciation of Linux, common design patterns and be a practitioner of TDD.
For the role of the Lead Java Developer you will need the following skills:
- Strong knowledge of Core Java development, ideally in a low latency / real time environment
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Experience of working in an agile environment and practicing test driven development
- Experience delivering high throughput, large scale systems
- Background in financial services
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Java Developer to join an incredibly smart and high performing team, working on low latency, mission critical systems.
Please contact Ian Bailey at Harrington Starr for more information