London, United Kingdom
Lead Developer, Cryptocurrency exchange, Java. This leading cryptocurrency exchange is looking for a lead developer to join to be the most senior hands on programmer within the organisation.
The team also use Ruby and C++ but experience with these is not as important, they are looking for someone with good experience of designing and building high performance trading systems. This is an opportunity for a proven lead developer with experience of leading teams of three or more to join this business at a critical and exciting moment. Reporting to the CTO, the role will have major influence on the business and will directly affect overall success of the business in the coming months and years.
Responsibilities Will Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Design and implement low latency trading systems using Java.
- Participate in architectural design and system refactoring.
- Join and contribute to development of our continuous improvement process and DevOps.
- Support live systems and be fully capable of resolving / fixing issues if they occur.
- Perform code review.
- Assist members of the technology team in the delivery of their projects through team work on architectural, design, coding, and testing best practice.
- Research and build deep levels of knowledge with respect to advances in the cryptocurrency or technology space with the aim of building a product road map and identifying potential opportunities to enhance the company offering.
- Background in financial computing, low latency computing and security desirable.
- Strong analytical background, ability to think practically and proactively propose solutions.
- Strong believer in best practice as an eventual goal but able to make pragmatic shorter term decisions.
- Detail orientated (i.e. has a high attention to detail and great visual memory).
- Natural mentor and teacher who wants to help everyone in the team achieve architect status.
- Insatiable desire to learn and improve their own technical knowledge.
- Team player in a very fast moving environment and able to work in small, multidisciplinary environments effectively.
- Ability to drive projects forward, proactive and motivated to succeed.
Demonstrable experience of leadership of small to medium sized teams of developers.