Hungerford, United Kingdom
Hugely exciting opportunity to join a highly exciting greenfield role for a global technology company based in Berkshire. This is a greenfield opportunity to help the company move to a platform based solution.
In the role you’ll
- Own the Technology Strategy and deliver it through the team of architects and technologists.
- Introduce new engineering frameworks/patterns/technical components into the engineering community in support of business direction and needs
- Ensure effective/efficient delivery of technical solutions through Architect team
- Be responsible for helping build the Architect/Architecture function working with the global architecture team (lead from USA HQ) and their team
- Be responsible for setting the technology/technical tone/culture across our engineering teams – dev standards
- Be responsible for building and nurturing our engineering community – developing a strong pipeline of technology contributors/leaders/subject matter experts in support of the business
Key skills needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics or related field
- 15 years of experience in development, with at least 5 years in architecture
- A solid understanding of a broad range of technologies
- Experience designing distributed technologies
- Experience in large-scale and ASP type solutions
- Ability to organize and present complex solutions clearly and accurately
- Project leadership skills and solid design skills
- Demonstrated experience driving scalability & capacity planning
- Good knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Experience in scalable and reliable database design
- Master’s Degree
- Experience implementing SOA/Micro-Services or component-based architectures
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.