City of London, London
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits
Junior SQL, MIS, MI & Regulatory Reporting Associate, Clearing, Financial Services
An exciting opportunity within a leading clearing house has become available, role as follows:
- Team of 5 (2 in NYC, 3 in London) - SQL, MI, Regulatory Reporting
- MI is mainly concerned with looking at their own trade data for trades they clear - what volume are going through, what members risks are etc. They also look at other trade data that is published by other sources.
- Reg Reporting coves requirements through to production and involved facing off to regulators and the BoE etc.
- Both parts of the role are concerned with dealing with ad hoc requests that require digging into their data, in addition to more strategic work looking at building digital, automated reports so the team can focus on exceptions and trend analysis.
- Digging into the data requires a strong understanding of SQL and ideally VBA Macros. Their reports are currently about 30% Excel with the rest in Business Objects and ClickView. They are keen to get rid of their reliance on Excel.
- This candidate won't be coding all the time, and there will be some project and client work as well.
- The three skills they are most interested in are as follows:
- SQL Experience, including writing Queries and Stored Procedures etc.
- MI Experience
- Reg Reporting Experience
- Candidates must have finance experience and excellent communication skills.
- Any Business Objects or ClickView is highly advantageous.
If you are interested in this role then please send CV's to Rob.Evans@harringtonstarr.com or upload your CV via the usual job board process.