London, United Kingdom
An exciting proprietary trading house are looking for a Junior Risk Analyst to join them as they develop into a bigger entity and grow out rapidly in the coming years. The role itself has become live because of the BIG plans my client has for growth in the upcoming Quarter and beyond into the future.
A successful candidate will be expected to:
• Developing risk monitoring tools in Python. Some potential projects:
• A tool to record limit usage and breaches in a database.
• A tool to simplify and aggregate risk exposures in a concise framework.
• A tool to simulate stress test results for both underlying moves and volatility shocks historically.
• Scenario analysis across the business.
• Assisting in producing regular management reports.
• Working across the business with stakeholders in IT, Finance and Compliance.
• Automation of tasks across the risk team.
An ideal candidate will have:
• At least one years professional development experience, ideally in Python and SQL.
• Driven to learn new coding technologies.
• Curious about financial markets with a desire to build a career in finance.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Team oriented mindset.
• Experience using Git
This is a great role and a fantastic organisation to get your foot into. If you are looking for the next step within your career please get in touch with Tod Bamber at Harrington Starr.